Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday, January 16th - on the Road

Five grain bread bread from Safeway, mostly poppy seeds with Trader Joe's Almond butter, Kona safeway select coffee

Lunch, mmmm a Vegetarian Burrito from Papalote, Spinach tortilla, black beans and Soyrizo (a soy based, vegetarian chorizo). It of course comes dressed with sauce, and rice as well. They throw a bowl full of fresh chips in the paper bag that you take the burrito away in. I almost went to the more 'authentic' place down the road nearer Mission and 24th, I think it was called Taqueria Guadalajara. I ate there at 1 am once after going out with D and O. Had this enormous 1lb rice and been burrito I couldn't finish. They charge you 50c for chips though. But I didn't go in cuz these three guys were standing out front, right at the door, commenting on all the passing breasts. So I didn't even slow down. I walked past to the corner, crossed the road and walked back up 24th towards Guerrero to go to Papalote. You'll know it from this sign and their purple tiles on the exterior. It sticks out along that beige block.




3409 24th Street
(between Poplar St & Valencia St)



Dinner, cornbread and EatRight chili that O bought. Okay so it turns out that O bought two Meat veg. One had a green label because it was 'Laredo' style which, being the carnivore that she is, she assumed was vegetarian. She thinks lettuce is sufficient for vegetable intake.
I had a chinese mango pop for dessert.

Popped out for groceries and bought a Bolla Pino Grigio which cost 3X what I paid for it here in Vancouver. Bargain! I, being the classy number that I am, am drinking it with whole wheat Goldfish crackers. mmmm

0 Leave a / Read COMMENTs: